- Script files put in the *\Adobe After Effects CS4\Support Files\Scripts folder will appear in File>Scripts Menu within AE.
- Script files residing in the *\Adobe After Effects CS4\Support Files\Scripts\Startup folder will be executed at when AE starts.
- Script files can also be run when shutting down AE when placed in *\Adobe After Effects CS4\Support Files\Scripts\Shutdown.
- Properly written script files located in *\Adobe After Effects CS4\Support Files\Scripts\\ScriptUI Panels folder will appear as a panel option in the Window menu item of AE.
- Script files can be loaded manually via File>Scripts>Run Script File.
- Scritps can be run from Adobe's Scripting Editor.
- Some scripts can also be run from an expressions field.